ITAGAKI Takahiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> This is a stand-alone patch for aggressive freezing. I'll propose
> to use OldestXmin instead of FreezeLimit as the freeze threshold
> in the circumstances below:

I think it's a really bad idea to freeze that aggressively under any
circumstances except being told to (ie, VACUUM FREEZE).  When you
freeze, you lose history information that might be needed later --- for
forensic purposes if nothing else.  You need to show a fairly amazing
performance gain to justify that, and I don't think you can.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster