On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

And is there some another objections?

Most people whom I talk to about tsearch who want the syntax changed to make
it easier want something akin to just "CREATE INDEX fti1 on t1(c1) USING
FULLTEXT" and then be done with it.  This patch isn't going to give people
that.

+1 (again) Although I would see something like this:

CREATE INDEX fti1 on t1(c1) USING FULLTEXT [WITH] GIST | GIN

Yet another syntax addition :) What's wrong with the standard CREATE INDEX ?

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83