I wrote:
2. I was annoyed repeatedly that some buildfarm members weren't
reporting log_archive_filenames entries, which forced going the long
way round in the process I was using.  Seems like we need some more
proactive means for getting buildfarm owners to keep their script
versions up-to-date.  Not sure what that should look like exactly,
as long as it's not "you can run an ancient version as long as you
please".

Modern clients report the versions of the two scripts involved (see script_version and web_script_version in reported config) so we could easily enforce a minimum version on these.

Meanwhile, the owner of the main 2 offending machines has said he will upgrade them.

cheers

andrew

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate