I've noticed that if for example the autovacuum process dies (such as
with a kill -9 when testing my new shared mem implementation), only
autovac and bgwriter are restarted. The stats collector is terminated,
but not restarted. (Same goes for a regular backend, and not just

Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug?