Florian G. Pflug wrote:
Are we really sure that this isn't a solution in search of a problem?
I think this really depends on how you define "problem". Some people
might think that "select * from myfunc(...) limit 1" should stop and
return a result after myfunc(...) has returned one row. Others will
say "well, just use a different software design that doesn't depend
on this optimization".

I think that's a very thin use case to justify all the scaffolding you propose, so put me in with the others I guess.

If we can provide a per-call mechanism for C functions, that should be adequate, I think. If you need heavy optimization then you need C functions anyway.

cheers

andrew

      match