I was looking at the TODO list today and noticed that we don't seem to have an item for libpq cursor support. I see it's been discussed in the past ( e.g. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-interfaces/2000-09/msg00082.php ). We have occasional reports of libpq apps blowing up on huge resultsets, so ISTM this would be a good thing to have on the list.

I see this item under libpq:

 . Allow statement results to be automatically batched to the client

but I'm not sure that would be as useful.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew