Tom Lane írta:
Zoltan Boszormenyi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
we have found that psql in PostgreSQL 8.2.3
has problems connecting to the server
running on Solaris 10/Sun SPARC.
It seems that somehow the system provided
GCC 3.4.3 miscompiles timestamptz_send()
and it segfaults.

I find it fairly hard to believe that timestamptz_send would be invoked
at all while using psql, much less during initial connection.  psql
doesn't do any binary-output requests.

                        regards, tom lane

Then please explain this miracle.
Anyway, your comment makes my suspicion about
the correctness of GCC-3.4.3 on Solaris 10/sparc
more founded now. :-)

--
Zoltán Böszörményi