Simon Riggs wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:11 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Simon Riggs wrote:
I would love, love, love to be able to use this syntax within pg_dump as
well, so we can create multiple indexes in parallel at restore time.
Anyone fancy adding that as well? We should be able to speed up overall
index builds by x2 using concurrent builds.

You will need to teach pg_restore any trick you use here - it doesn't use psql.

The proposed change is to psql and making it work with pg_restore would
take a lot more thought, so probably not an 8.3 item. Should we make it
to neither because we can't make it to both?

I'm all for the change to psql, but personally I think it's late in the day to be specifying a change to pg_dump.

cheers

andrew

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate