Tom Lane wrote:
"Pavan Deolasee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
How about storing the snapshot which we used during planning in
CachedPlanSource, if at least one index was seen unusable because
its CREATE INDEX transaction was seen as in-progress ?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but: the planner doesn't use a
snapshot.  System catalogs run on SnapshotNow.

But it would still do that - it would just compare the createxid of
the index against some snapshot, and the query would be replanned
if the cached result of this comparison differs from the one the
current snapshot yields.

It might well be that this won't work, because the planner is invoked
in situations where there is no active snapshot - I'm not sure if your comment refers to that case, or not.

greetings, Florian Pflug

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate