On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 10:01:44PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list
> > at:
> >
> >     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches
> >
> > It will be applied as soon as one of the PostgreSQL committers
> > reviews and approves it.
> >

> So, hum, what happened to the idea of creating the array types only
> on demand?

Scotched, as far as I could tell, partly due to nobody's having
actually done work toward such a thing, and partly because the closest
thing I've heard to an objection is pretty nebulous. :)

It's a lot simpler to have them always, and it fits in with the larger
picture of making arrays fully composable with other operations like
DOMAIN, ENUM and TYPE.

Cheers,
David Fetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster