On 4/3/07, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not particularly worried about missing a potential improvement
in the plan during the first command after a change is committed.

Me too. Just noticed it, so brought it up.

If the invalidation were something that *had* to be accounted for,
such as a dropped index, then there should be adequate locking for it;
plancache is not introducing any new bug that wasn't there before.

Oh yes, I was wondering about the other parts of the code, not
plan invalidation. Never mind, it was just a thought.

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com