Hi

I'm very excited that my project for implementing read-only queries
on PITR slaves was accepted for GSoC, and I'm now trying to work
out what tools I'll use for that job.

I'd like to be able to create some sort of branches and tags for
my own work (only inside my local repository of course).

I've considered using git, but I couldn't make the cvs->git gateway
work - neither using the postgresql CVS repository directly, nor with
a private copy obtained with CVSup.

There is also svk, but I think I'd need a svn repo that mirrors
the postgresql CVS for that to work. I think Joshua Drake created
one once, but I don't now if it is kept up-to-date.

What do you guys use for your development work?

greetings, Florian Pflug