Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Column level?  We don't currently support that, except through VIEWs.
> How is it implemented?

It wasn't clear to me how much of this is actually working today and how
much is a paper design --- one thing in particular that stood out as
probable handwaving was the bit about being able to assign to a system
column in INSERT or UPDATE.  I'm fairly sure that that would take some
*significant* redesign of querytree and plan targetlist representation
:-( ... I looked at it once for OIDs and decided it wasn't worth the
trouble.