Hi,

 I am getting the parse error while i try to execute a simple sql query in
postgres.

 java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "and" at
character 58

  The Query has been changed  and it is very much like the below one

 select * from emp where empName like 'XXXXX' and empId=206

 when I try to execute the same query in the postgresql console it is working
fine but when i try to execute the same as a prepared statement from my java
code it is giving the java.sql.SQLException like the above.

 Do Anyone have the answer for this problem????????

 Expecting a Quick response.

 Here is my code:
 String getEmpId=SQLQueriesHandler.getQuery("eis.toGetEmpId");
 psmt=conn.prepareStatement(getEmpId);
 psmt.setString(1,empForm.getEmpName());
 psmt.setInt(2,empForm.getDeptId());
 System.out.println("The Query to empId with Parameters is : "+psmt.toString());
 rs=psmt.executeQuery(getEmpId);

 where the query will be like

 select empId from empTab where empName like 'XXXXXXX' and deptId=13

 And in the above code empForm is the  Struts ActionForm object and getters are
the form beans.
 If i try to execute that as a statement it is executing well.
 and also if i try to execute that query as a pprepare statement in the code
itself it is executing well.
 The only problem is when i try to get the query from the properties file
eg:query.properties

 The variable names are changed keeping the code as it is.

Plz reply back soon

 Thanks in Advance.

 Regards,
 urmyfriend