Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if there is some code path that invokes a PG_TRY deep in
>>> the bowels of the system.

> Huh, hang on ... there is one caller, which is to set client_encoding
> (call_string_assign_hook uses a PG_TRY block), but it is called *after*
> the sigsetjmp block -- in InitPostgres.

While testing the PG_RE_THROW problem I noted that what I get here is
a SIGSEGV crash, rather than SIGABRT as seen on Stefan's machines, so
that's another hint that this may be unrelated.  Still, it's clearly
at risk of causing a problem as more PG_TRY's get added to the code,
so I'm going to fix it anyway.