On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 11:40 +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I'm going to do this incrementally, and we'll see how far we get for
> 8.3. We might push 3A and/or 3B to 8.4. First, I'm going to finish up
> Simon's patch (step 1), run some performance tests with vacuum, and
> submit a patch for that. Then I'll move to Jeff's patch (step 2).

I think it's best to postpone 3A (one aspect of my patch). There are a
couple reasons:

1) The results didn't show enough benefit yet.
2) Complex interactions with Simon's patch.

I think it's an area of research for the future, but for now I just want
to concentrate on the most important aspect of my patch: the
synchronized scanning ( #2 in your list ).

Regards,
        Jeff Davis

       match