On May 8, 2007, at 2:24 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
Speaking of which, it might be interesting to actually show these values
in the stats collector. I was thinking three cols for each database
(probably the best level?) that counts each of those three counters. If you have a lot of sorts (percentage-wise) spilling to disk, it is often something you want to investigate, so exposing it that way seems like a
good thing.

What 3 columns? In-memory sorts, on-disk sorts, and on-disk size? (Sum of how much spilled to disk).

I agree that per-database makes sense, though I'd settle for per- cluster.
--
Jim Nasby                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq