On Wed, 9 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

Oleg Bartunov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I tried that connecting to template1, but it doesn't helped. The problem
occurs even if I repeat 'drop;create' in one connection (the same backend).

Hmm.  Do you have autovacuum turned on?  8.2 isn't real smart about
dealing with autovac running in the template DB ...

yes, it turned on. With autovac off the problem seems gone away.

FWIW, I could repeat it here easily with the given test case (new
connections being made each time) but not with a single persistent
connection.

If I play with toy database (empty) I don't see error message. Real database is about 800Mb, so it takes about 22 seconds to create database. Looks like there is a time lag between completion 'create database ...' command and actual releasing of template db.

        Regards,
                Oleg
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83