Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I think that's backwards. We *are* passing them by reference, we should
>> be considering passing them by value.

> Thanks, fixed.

Also, the TODO item ought to mention float4 and float8, which IMHO ought
to be changed at the same time.  float4 could become pass-by-val-always.
I think the main reason we've avoided that is to avoid breaking old code
that is not using DatumGet/GetDatum macros, but we'll be breaking most
such code anyway with this set of changes.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq