Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I tried to repeat the DBT-2 runs with the "oldestxmin refresh" patch, but to my surprise the baseline run with CVS head, without the patch, behaved very differently than it did back in March.


I rerun the a shorter 1h test with CVS head from May 20th, and March 6th (which is when I ran the earlier tests), and something has clearly been changed between those dates that affects the test. Test run 248 is with CVS checkout from May 20th, and 249 is from March 6th:

May 20th is not quite my idea of "HEAD" ;-).  It might be worth checking
current code before investing any think-time on this.

:) Yeah, I did run it with real head at first. I suspected the n_live_tuples calculations, and that's why I ran it again with a checkout from May 20th.

But having said
that, it looks a bit like a planner problem --- if I'm reading the
graphs correctly, I/O wait time goes through the roof, suggesting a
change to a much less efficient plan.

Right.

I'll do a "binary search" with a checkouts from different dates runs to pin it down.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas
  EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
      subscribe-nomail command to [EMAIL PROTECTED] so that your
      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Reply via email to