> For example in 8.2 this is mapped to array_prepend:
>
> regression=# select 'x'::text || array['aa','bb','cc'];
>    ?column?
> --------------
>  {x,aa,bb,cc}
> (1 row)
>
> but with the experimental code you get textcat:
>
> catany=# select 'x'::text || array['aa','bb','cc'];
>   ?column?
> -------------
>  x{aa,bb,cc}
> (1 row)

This is what I would have expected || to give, and not what 8.2 does.
So disregarding the rest of the argument I think that array_[pre|ap]pend
should have other operators.

Andreas

I thing so current behave is more intuitive and practical. Result
x{aa,bb,cc} is nonsens. Array concation have to have higher priority
than text concation.

Pavel

              http://archives.postgresql.org