Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>>> Can you make 0 and -1 both valid disabled values?  That way it will be
>>> compatible with previous releases.
>>
>> Heh, sure, we can do that too and it doesn't seem like anybody would
>> object.  I will patch the documentation so that that the "disabled"
>> value is zero, and still allow -1.  That way it doesn't seem like there
>> should be any objection.

> Patch attached.

It seems like documenting vac_cost_limit as being different from the
others will just create perceived complexity/confusion, with no real
benefit.  I'd suggest leaving the documentation and the default value
alone, and applying just the part of the patch that causes 0 to be
silently treated as if it were -1.

A comment at the spot where this is done would be a good idea, but
I don't think we need to say anything in the SGML docs.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq