On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Gregory Stark wrote:

I was seeing >90% dirty+usage_count>0 in the really ugly spots.

You keep describing this as ugly but it sounds like a really good situation to
me. The higher that percentage the better your cache hit ratio is.

If your entire buffer cache is mostly filled with dirty buffers with high usage counts, you are in for a long wait when you need new buffers allocated and your next checkpoint is going to be traumatic. That's all I'm suggesting is a problem with that situation.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD