Dear Robert,

Fix PGXS conventions so that extensions can be built against Postgres
installations whose pg_config program does not appear first in the PATH.
Per gripe from Eddie Stanley and subsequent discussions with Fabien Coelho
and others.

Is there any chance of this being backpatched?  I just spent a few hours
tracking down a problem with compiling a 3rd party module against an 8.2
installation installed seperatly from my systems packages install. (Ie. i
didnt move it, but there was an additional pg_config on the system pointing
to the wrong/other place).  I'm not exactly sure how pgxs ever worked on
systems with multiple postgres's installed,

Simple : the target pg_config MUST be ahead in the PATH.

--
Fabien.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster