On 7/7/2007 11:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Jan Wieck wrote:
You mean as a second, optional argument? Good idea.

I think it should only be one argument, with the units being part of the variable value, if any.

No, because that makes it hard to do things like "sleep for a small
random number of microseconds".  If pgbench had string concatenation
ability in its metalanguage then what you suggest would be sensible,
but let us not go there.

That is exactly the reason why I made it an optional argument. The usage example in the README file shows how to actually do a random sleep between 1000 and 2500 ms.

Jan

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend