Simon Riggs wrote:

There seems like a number of ways that unresolved prepared transactions
can cause problems. We really need to have startup mention how many
prepared transactions there are, so we have some chance of understanding
and resolving potential problems.
While I have no particular objection to such a log entry, I doubt it
will fix anything; how many people will really think to look in the
postmaster log?

Even if it were just you and me. From my perspective, thats enough.

At least, such a message seems much more useful than the list of historic startup messages that were removed recently. Just my two €-cents.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold