Stefan Kaltenbrunner napsal(a):
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
For sun studio -erroff=E_STATEMENT_NOT_REACHED is useful there. If you
want to determine warning tags for each warning add -errtags.
Is that supported on all versions of sun studio(Sun WorkShop 6, Sun
Studio 8,11) we have on the farm ?
Yes. Also on SS12.
hmm - sure about that ? I was about to submit a patch to disable some
compiler warnings but then I noted the following discussion thread:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5163903&messageID=9637391

which seems to indicate that at least the compiler installed on kudu:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=kudu&dt=2007-07-15%2003:30:01

does NOT support turning of specific warnings.

I tested it on cc version 5.3 and it works. See

ah cool - thanks for testing!

so on my box we would need to add
-erroff=E_EMPTY_TRANSLATION_UNIT,E_STATEMENT_NOT_REACHED,E_END_OF_LOOP_CODE_NOT_REACHED,E_FUNC_HAS_NO_RETURN_STMT,E_LOOP_NOT_ENTERED_AT_TOP

to CFLAGS to get down to the following 2 warnings:

"pgstat.c", line 652: warning: const object should have initializer:
all_zeroes (E_CONST_OBJ_SHOULD_HAVE_INITIZR)
"pgstat.c", line 2118: warning: const object should have initializer:
all_zeroes (E_CONST_OBJ_SHOULD_HAVE_INITIZR)

the open question is if that is what want or if we would be simply
adding (unnecessary) complexity (or confusion).

comments ?

E_STATEMENT_NOT_REACHED,E_END_OF_LOOP_CODE_NOT_REACHED, E_EMPTY_TRANSLATION_UNIT are probably ok to ignore. E_FUNC_HAS_NO_RETURN_STMT is there because main is leaved by exit() instead return. And In another case It should be regular warning.

I think good solution is compare previous warning log with latest build and make a diff. If some new warning appears it is probably regular warning.

                Zdenek

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend