Thomas Foster wrote:
I have an issue regarding the PostgreSQL service account on my machine. I work for IBM and I have to fulfil security checks for my machine to make sure its safe. Anyway, it is flagging up the problem that my account for postgres doesnt have a screensaver set with a password?? Any ideas on what is causing this and how this can be resolved?? Is it possible to set a screensaver password for a postgres service account?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you never log in as postgres from a GUI, then it doesn't matter. The security checker should realize that the account is not a user account.

On my system

   $ grep postgres /etc/passwd
   postgres:x:26:26:PostgreSQL Server:/var/lib/pgsql:/bin/bash

   $ grep postgres /etc/shadow
   postgres:!!:13665:0:99999:7:::

It is not possible to login as postgres directly.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>