* Alban Hertroys:

> If you have a "proper" production database server, your memory has
> error checking, and your RAID controller has something of the kind
> as well.

To my knowledge, no readily available controller performs validation
on reads (not even for RAID-1 or RAID-10, where it would be pretty

Something like an Adler32 checksum (not a full CRC) on each page might
be helpful.  However, what I'd really like to see is something that
catches missed writes, but this is very difficult to implement AFAICT.

Florian Weimer                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kriegsstra├če 100              tel: +49-721-96201-1
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster