Hi

I'm confused about whether int8s work on a machine on which
INT64_IS_BUSTED. My reading of the code suggests that int8
will be available, but be, well, busted in such a machine.

For example, int8mul seems as if I'd just return the wrong
answer on such a machine.

Or are platforms with INT64_IS_BUSTED no longer supported,
and are all those #ifdefs only legacy code?

Please enlighten a poor linux+gcc user who can't remember
ever using a compiler without a "long long" datatype after
leaving TurboC under DOS.

greetings, Florian Pflug

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate