On 9/23/07, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It doesn't seem very interesting given that (a) we already have working
> code for this area, and (b) gcc is not our only target compiler.

I agree.  I'd prefer to know exactly what's going on in the atomic
code (rather than having the compiler take care of it for me).
Similarly, it's pretty rare to use GCC on anything but Linux and the
*BSDs as each proprietary UNIX vendor has their own compiler optimized
for their own architectures and operating systems.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation                | fax: 732.331.1301

       match