Tatsuo Ishii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For me the idea that a text-search configuration maps to a
> locale/language seems to be totally wrong. IMO an encoding/charset
> could include several languages and a text-search configuration should
> be mapped to an encoding/charset, rather than a language.

I think mapping by encoding/charset *is* totally wrong and by locale is
reasonable. How do you treat LATIN1? It can be used in French and German,
etc. Moreover, UTF-8 can be used in almost all languages.

The tight mapping of EUC_jp <=> Japanese is a special case in the world.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center