On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:04:39PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> We are not considering an interval scheduling system, we are considering a
> database system.  Such a system should have the basic property that if you
> store A, it will read out as A.  The money type is similarly buggy: if you
> change the locale, the semantic value of the data changes.  With money type,
> the problem is obvious and easy to recognize.  With the timestamp with time
> zone type, however, the problem is much more subtle and will likely go
> unnoticed by many who will then be unpunctual for their appointments.

For both money and timestamps the taggedtypes module provides exactly
what you want. It stores the timezone/currency as entered and displays
that when output. Sometimes that's what you want, sometimes it's not.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://svana.org/kleptog/