Tom Lane wrote:
> Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Attached is a patch I want to apply for this. Toms message at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-10/msg00448.php makes me
>> bring it up here before I apply it.
>
> [ squint... ]  There is something wrong here, because a superuser should
> certainly pass the aclcheck test.  I don't know where the bug is but
> this is not the correct fix.

Are you sure? pg_tablespace_aclmask() has:
    /*
     * Only shared relations can be stored in global space; don't let even
     * superusers override this
     */
    if (spc_oid == GLOBALTABLESPACE_OID && !IsBootstrapProcessingMode())
        return 0;

And this is what causes the failure. I certainly didn't want to take out
that check, so short-circuiting it in the way I did seemed right..

//Magnus

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq