On Oct 25, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Dan wrote:
In looking at current developments in computers, it seems we're nearing
a point where a fundamental change may be possible in databases...
Namely in-memory databases which could lead to huge performance
The sites that use it see incredible performance increases, but often at
the cost of not being able to provide versioned results that are
guaranteed to be accurate.

The big questions are then, how would you create a distributed in- memory

Everything you are looking for is here:

It is the latest Stonebraker et al on massively distributed in-memory OLTP architectures.

J. Andrew Rogers