[Camilo Porto]

> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CC: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:06:22 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Camilo Porto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The problem I have encountered is that the sum of executor's
> > duration time is, *sometimes*, bigger than the total time interval in
> > which the statements had been executed!! And this makes no sense!
>
> Umm ... why not?  If you have, say, two queries executing in parallel
> for 1 second, they'll each report a duration: of 1 second, thus summing
> to 2 seconds, but the elapsed time was only 1 second.
>
> If you don't see that always, then your benchmark program isn't trying
> very hard to run more than one query in parallel ...

This really make sense, but let me add some questions:

The parallelism happens even if my PC has only one processor?
Each query is executed in a separeted Thread?
I am simulating only 1 client with the Benchmark. Can 1 Client submit parallel
queries, in single-processor enviroment?

Many Thanks

>                       regards, tom lane

Veja mapas e encontre as melhores rotas para fugir do trânsito com o Live
Search Maps!
http://www.livemaps.com.br/index.aspx?tr=true