Hello

three years ago was big discus about stored procedures. Three years
later postgresql does not support stored procedures. So instead of one
super big jump I would to do more small steps.

2007/10/27, Hannu Krosing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ühel kenal päeval, L, 2007-10-27 kell 13:43, kirjutas Gregory Stark:
> > "Pavel Stehule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Later:
> > > * procedure can manages transactions,
> >
> > Personally this is the only actual feature on the list that seems to have
> > any
> > point to me.
>
> Same here.
>
> And I'd like it to have support for other PL's beside SQL and PL/PGSQL.
>
> > * procedure can be overloaded,
>
> How is this different from function overloading ?

Current functions can overload only with IN params, stored procedures
can be overloaded with OUT params too.

> > * procedure can not returns recordset or multi recordset,
>
> Why ?

next step,

Pavel