Title: jdbc and unix signals

Hi,

I am using the postgres jdbc which was compiled on Solaris as part of the postgres 7.1 installation.

I have a program which runs as a deamon, and connects to postgres for data.  As it is running as a deamon, we have included some signal handling routines.  We are trying to trap HUP (kill -1)  signals, so that the process will not exit when that signal is sent.

If the program uses the jdbc driver, then the program can not catch the HUP signal - however, if we do NOT use the jdbc at all, then we can trap the signal and deal with it as we wish.

Does the postgres driver catch the signals, thus overiding my attempts to catch them?

Any ideas

Thanks

Nikk Anderson