From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: September 6, 2001 8:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JDBC] error - NOTICE: current transaction...MORE DETAIL...

I also built a linked list of available connections today
and my problem has completly gone away.  I have an intensly threaded app
and it has been running now for several hours
doing 1000's of inserts without the problem I was having before.  I
don't know how dave implemented his list but I have an inner class with
a connection and a boolean marking whether it is in use.  each insert
gets a connection that is not in use from the linked list and marks it
in use until it is finished.  I also built in the ability for the list
to grow and shrink dynamically based on need.  So if all connections are
in use I will create more and after a specified period of time I delete
the ones that haven't been used.

This seems to be working quite nicely now.

t.r.