The jdbc driver is OS independent.  It doesn't matter which platform the
driver is compiled on, it will run on any platform that supports a java

As far as jdk1.2 vs jdk1.3 goes, a driver compiled by a 1.2 jdk will
work fine under jdk1.3.  The code is identical for these two jdk
releases.  If you are using jdk1.1 (and thus jdbc1) you will need to use
a version specifically compiled for jdk1.1 (although it to should still
run under a 1.2 or 1.3 jdk, however you will not be able to use any
jdbc2 methods since they are not part of the code that is built under