Il 01/03/2018 15:16, Michael Loftis ha scritto:

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 03:10 Meenatchi Sandanam <meen....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have created a table with 301 columns(ID, 150 BIGINT, 150 TEXT). The table contains multiple form data differentiated by ID range. Hence a column contains more than one form data. To achieve Unique Constraint and Indexing per form, I chose PostgreSQL Partial Indexes which suits my requirement. I have created Partial Indexes with ID Range as criteria and it provides Uniqueness and Indexing per form basis as expected. But DML operations on a particular form scans all the Indexes created for the entire table instead of scanning the Indexes created for that particular form ID Range. This degrades Planner Performance and Query Time more than 10 times as below,

Query Result for the table with 3000 Partial Indexes(15 Indexes per form) :

This smells like you’ve failed to normalize your data correctly. 3k indexes to ensure uniqueness ? It sounds a lot more like you need 15 tables for 15 forms ...
... or a column that specifies, e.g., the form ID. If all form has not the same number of BIGINT and TEXT, keep the maximum value and fill only the requested ones.

You can also use the EAV schema, where the Entity is the form, the Attribute is the field, and the Value... is the value.

CREATE TABLE tbl(
id bigint,
entity integer,
attribute integer, --(or string, as you need)
value_int bigint,
value_string text
);

This way you'll get more rows, but very thin, and with not more than 3 or 4 indexes (based on the querues you need to perform) you can retrieve values quickly.

My 2 cent
Moreno.-