I take that question back – someone helped me on StackExchange and
addressed it:

*> It appears that Postgres is smart enough to identify cases where indexed
columns are not changed , and perform HOT updates; thus , there is no
difference between having or not having key columns in update statement
from performance point of view. The only thing that matters it whether
actual value changed. Surely, this behaviour is limited to B-Tree indexes. *

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/223231/performance-impact-of-updating-target-columns-with-same-values-on-conflict