Hi Julien Rouhaud,

powa can handle multi-column indexes now? Great news. This must be a new
feature. I checked this roughly one year ago and it was not possible at this
time.
Thank you very much powa!

Regards,
 Thomas Güttler

Am 14.01.19 um 08:42 schrieb Julien Rouhaud:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:20 AM Thomas Kellerer <spam_ea...@gmx.net> wrote:

Thomas Güttler schrieb am 10.01.2019 um 13:56:
Is there a way to detect missing combined indexes automatically

I am managing a lot of databases and I think a lot of performance
could get gained.

But I don't want to do this manually.

My focus is on missing combined indexes, since for missing
single indexes there are already tools available.

The PoWA monitoring tool contains an extension to suggest missing indexes.

I don't know if that includes multi-column indexes though, but it might be
worth a try:

     https://powa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/stats_extensions/pg_qualstats.html

Yes, it can handle multi-column indexes.

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
I am looking for feedback: https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines