On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:48 PM Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> unless you suppose it actually
> throttled to below base freq, which surely shouldn't happen that fast.
> Might be worth watching the CPU frequency while doing the test though.

Wouldn't expect to see such linear progression if that were the case.
Steps, over a relatively long period of time, would be the likely pattern,
no?  Same goes for some other process fighting for resources.  Every
iteration requiring what appears to be a fairly constant increase in
execution time (2-5ms on every iteration) seems an unlikely pattern unless
the two processes are linked in some way, I would think.