On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:17 AM Guillaume Cottenceau <g...@mnc.ch> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am facing a much, much slower query in production than on my
> development computer using a restored production backup, and I
> don't understand why nor I see what I could do to speedup the
> query on production :/

You've already seen a VACUUM fixed it.

This must have been a logical restore (from pg_dump), not a physical
restore (from pg_basebackup for example) correct?

A physical restore should have resulted in a database in the same state of
vacuuming as its source was.  A logical restore will not, and since it is
an append-only process it will not trigger autovacuum to run, either.

If you do a logical restore, probably the first should you do afterwards is
a VACUUM ANALYZE.

Cheers,

Jeff