On 25/06/2003 10:47 Michael Mattox wrote:
I'm using Java Data Objects (JDO) which is an O/R mapper.  It generated
the
schema from my object model by default it used a table for a sequence.  I
just got finished configuring it to use a real postgres sequence.  With
the
way they have it designed, it opens and closes a connection each time it
retrieves a sequence.  Would I get a performance increase if I modify
their
code to retrieve multiple sequence numbers in one connection?  For
example I
could have it grab 50 at a time, which would replace 50 connections with
1.

For best performance, you really should consider using a connection pool as it removes the overhead of creating and closing connections.

--
Paul Thomas