Dear All

Please note:  I'm using Version 7.1

Following everyone's advice, I increased my max_connections to 64 and shared_buffers
to 2000.  However, the postmaster then started to issue me error messages saying

pg_recvbuf:   unexpected EOF on client connection

Help!  (Needless to say I've restored the default postgresql.conf file and am ok)

Obviously I've fouled up somewhere  - advice awaited  :-)

As a point of interest, I searched the documentation fo pg_recvbuf and the search
returned no results.

Hilary Forbes
DMR Computer Limited:
Direct line:  01689 889950
Switchboard:  (44) 1689 860000  Fax: (44) 1689 860330