The ANALYSE did the trick... Thanks! Will also read through the archives...

-Erik

On lunes, dici 1, 2003, at 15:04 Europe/Madrid, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:40:30PM +0100, Erik Norvelle wrote:

it=> explain select * from indethom where clavis < 25;

What's the percentage of the table where clavis < 25? Have you ANALYSEd recently? What does the pg_stats view tell you about this table?

Feel free to point me to any FAQ or previous message that already
answers this question.  Thanks in advance!

This is a pretty common sort of problem. See the archives of this list for several fairly recent discussions of these sorts of problems.

----
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

http://archives.postgresql.org

http://archives.postgresql.org