Richard Huxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2004 00:01, Neil Conway wrote:
>> Yeah, I didn't get around to implementing that. If anyone wants this
>> feature, I'd encourage them to step up to the plate -- I'm not sure
>> when I'll get the opportunity/motivation to implement this myself.

> I didn't think they'd be meaningful for a statement-level trigger. Surely
> OLD/NEW are by definition row-level details.

According to the complainants, OLD/NEW are commonly available as
recordsets (tables) inside a statement trigger.  I'm not very clear on
how that works myself --- in particular, one would think it important to
be able to work with corresponding pairs of OLD and NEW rows, which
would be painful with a table-like abstraction.  Can anyone explain
exactly how it's done in, say, Oracle?

                        regards, tom lane