On 23 Jan, Dave Thompson wrote:
> Hello All
> Just wanted to gather opinions on what file system has the best balance between
> performance and reliability when used on a quad processor machine running SuSE64.
> Thanks
> DAve

Hi Dave,

I have some data for performance using our DBT-2 workload (OLTP type
transactions) with Linux-2.6 with various filesystems and i/o
schedulers.  I know it doesn't address the reliability part of your
question, and it's in a completely different environment (32-bit as well
as a different distro), but if you think you'll find the results